At Cedar Fox Distilling Co. Pty Ltd. ACN 608 583 687 (“we” “us”) your privacy is important to us. We are committed to protecting your privacy when managing your personal information when you visit cedarfoxdistillingco.com. We have policies and procedures to ensure that all personal information is handled carefully and securely in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”).
• what kind of personal information we may gather about you;
• how we may use that information and the choices you have regarding such use;
• whether we disclose your personal information to anyone;
• how you may inquire and access your personal information and our access and handling procedure; and
• how you may alert us about an alleged breach of the APPs and our complaint handling procedure.
Collection of information
The types of information that we collect from you will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the service that we are providing to you. During your visit to our site, you may be required to provide personal details including name, email, phone number, address and banking information. Cedar Fox Distilling Co. does not sell this information to third parties. We may retain this information for our own records for inventory purposes, delivery of goods and to provide you with a faster checkout service at your next purchase.
The type of personal information collected will be directly related to the specified purpose it has been collected for. How much of your personal information that you choose to disclose to us is completely up to you. The only way we know something about you personally is if you provide it to us. However, failure to provide certain information may result in us being unable to provide you with the relevant product or service. We will make you aware of the purpose for which we collect the personal information and, where possible, the consequences of not providing it at the time of collection.
We do not collect sensitive information as defined under the Privacy Act, such as racial or ethnicity information, political opinions or associations, criminal records or health information.
• statistical information about the number of visitors to the websites and the date, time and duration of visits;
• quick access to products you’ve recently looked at;
• the name of the domain/URL from which you access our websites;
• the internet protocol address.
However, we do not collect information about the identity of the visitors to our site.
Method of collection
Personal information will only be collected through lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
We collect your personal information when you deal with us directly, including via social media, via forms or correspondence such as mail or email, phone or in person.
Use of personal information
We will use the personal information you have chosen to provide us for the purpose for which you provided it or a related secondary purpose which you would reasonably expect. We will not use it for any other purpose without your consent, unless permitted or required by law.
Generally, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
• provide the products and/or services you have requested from us including for example:
- to process sales transactions (online);
- to deliver the products or services to you;
- to register you for a service requested by you, such as our newsletter(s) and e-newslettters, mail outs, rewards program(s) or competitions and administering such services;
- to manage warranty claims;
- to process refunds; and
- to respond to any inquiries, feedback or complaints made by you; and
- direct marketing of products and services which we believe may interest you, including product updates and developments, special events or promotions;
- assisting us to improve our products and services and making them more relevant to you;
- assisting us to improve our website or social media pages;
- processing and assessing employment applications for current and future positions;
- otherwise managing our internal business operations and processes.
The security of your information is important to us. We operate secure data networks that are designed to protect your privacy and security. When we have collected information about you it cannot be seen or modified by anyone else. We have implemented generally acceptable standards of technology and operational security to ensure personal information (in both physical and electronic form) is protected against loss, misuse, interference and unauthorised access.
Only authorised personnel and contractors are provided access to personal information and have agreed to ensure the confidentiality of this information. We take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify any personal information that is no longer required.
We review and update our security measures in light of emerging technologies. Whilst we are committed to ensuring our privacy standards for maintenance of data are met, we are unable to guarantee complete compliance with these standards as there are many factors beyond our control, which could result in the disclosure of data as the internet is not a secure environment and information sent via the internet (including email) could be compromised. Therefore, Cedar Fox Distilling Co. offers no guarantees in regards to the maintenance of data.